Look around and you’ll find out fast how competitive our tuition is.
When you consider what you get in return—a great education and better job prospects—it’s beyond worth it.
Tuition: What you pay for instruction
Fees: What you pay for books, sales tax, equipment required for classes, etc.
Your total cost depends on number of credits, type of classes and your residency status.
Tuition for career-focused programs, per credit
(technical diplomas, associate degrees, certificates & vocational courses)
- In-state: $141.00
- Out-of-state: $211.50
Tuition for liberal arts transfer courses, per credit
(classes you plan to put toward a bachelor’s degree)
- In-state: $188.90
- Out-of-state: $283.35
More about “fees,” please …
These per-credit fees cover everything from activities to book rental to parking:
- $11.44: supplemental fee, Madison or online career-focused classes
- $14.54: supplemental fee, Madison or online liberal arts transfer classes
- $3.25: regional campus classes
- $7: Textbook Rental fee
- $1.41: academic achievement fee, career-focused classes
- $1.89: academic achievement fee, liberal arts transfer
- $27: commuter services flat fee
- $10: WTCS online course flat fee
Tuition and fees are determined by WTCS
Minnesota students pay in-state tuition, thanks to a state reciprocity agreement.
You’ll be billed after you register for classes.
Pay online, in-person or get old school and send a check.
- Fall semester: September 30
- Spring semester: February 15
- Summer: June 30