- Application available on September 1, 2015
- Application review begins after October 15, 2015
- Application completion deadline is August 1, 2016
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to attend Madison College must complete the International Student Admission Application to apply for an F-1 or M-1 student visa.
2. Application Fee
An application fee is required at the time your application is submitted.
3. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
Applicants that have attended other higher education institutions must also submit a transcript from each college/university attended.
Transcripts must show the following course requirements. Applicants will not be allowed more than one unsuccessful attempt (C- or below) in any one subject area listed below within the last five years.
a) Algebra: One semester of algebra taken in college with a grade of C or better, preferably within the last 5 years OR satisfactory math TEAS-V or ACT test scores (see below). Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Elementary Algebra with Apps (10-834-110)
- College Math (10-804-107)
- Mathematical Reasoning (10-804-134)
- Applied Math for Chemistry (77-854-756) or higher
b) Chemistry: One year of high school chemistry with lab components OR one semester of college-level chemistry with a grade of C or better. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- General Chemistry (10-806-134) or higher
- Liberal Arts Chemistry (20-806-200) does not satisfy this requirement
- High school chemistry classes must be college-preparatory; Chemistry for the Community or similar classes do not satisfy this requirement.
c) Biology: One year of high school biology with lab components OR one semester of college-level biology with a grade of C or better. The Madison College course that satisfies this requirement is:
- Prep for Basic Biology (10-836-113) or higher
4. Official Test Scores
Submit official TEAS-V or ACT scores. Minimum test score requirements must be from September 1, 2012, to present:
a) TEAS-V: composite 58.7%, Reading 69%, Math 63.3%, Science 45.8%, English/Language Usage 60%
b) ACT: 22 or higher composite score and all sub-scores
If sub-scores do not meet the requirements above, the applicant may complete courses and earn a grade of C or better to demonstrate competency for admission purposes. Testing may be waived on a case-by-case basis if the applicant has a bachelor’s degree or higher in a related biological science.