The Event Management for the Business Professional Certificate at Madison College is perfect for you if you need to broaden your knowledge of meeting and event planning and coordination. This certificate is ideal if you have worked as an administrative professional for at least two years. Come learn how to better plan and coordinate events from industry experts.
Event Management for the Business Professional students attend part-time.
Event Management for the Business Professional courses may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Madison - Truax
Certificate graduates are ready for a range of professional positions assisting in the field of event management, including:
- Administrative Professional
- Conference Assistant
- Event Planning Assistant
- Special Event Assistant
- Meeting Assistant
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2020-2021 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application available: September 15
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Event Management for the Business Professional Certificate at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Assemble a meeting request for proposal.
- Create a meeting timeline and checklist.
- Determine important criteria in selecting a facility.
- Identify housing, registration and transportation tools and strategies.
- Critique meeting room seating styles and their effects on the meeting.
- Select appropriate options to save money on food and beverage functions.