Estimated Program Cost
The Audio Production certificate at Madison College is geared toward professionals who have an associate of applied arts degree, or a degree from another accredited college or university in art, design, photography, journalism, or comparable work experience.
You will work with advanced level production techniques in audio design, recording, editing as well as learn specific audio production tools and communication strategies.
Students in the Audio Production certificate can attend full or part-time.
Audio Production classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Follow us on Facebook!
Once you've earned your Audio Production certificate from Madison College, you'll be ready for a range of professional positions including:
- Audio Engineer
- Audio Technician
- Live Sound Engineer
With additional work experience, you may be qualified to be a sound designer or a podcast producer.
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Audio Production certificate at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Apply the principles of audio design and storytelling to develop media products and services.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of media software, tools and technology.
- Implement creative solutions from concept through completion.
- Communicate creative rationale in formal and informal settings.
- Implement project management skills to meet customer and market demands.