The Visual Storytelling Certificate is for students interested in a career in multimedia communications. The certificate will provide students with foundational skills needed to land paid internships, part-time and full-time jobs in the professional areas of videography, photography, and social media communications.
Students earning the Visual Storytelling Certificate can attend full or part time.
Visual Storytelling classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
- Apply the concepts and principles of visual storytelling in the development of multimedia projects in journalism and corporate or non-profit communications.
- Use high-level video and television broadcast recording equipment in a professional manner while on location for video shoots.
- Use professional quality photography equipment in a skilled manner while on location for photography shoots.
- Edit and publish video and photo stories using a variety of video and photography post-production software programs.
- Design websites that showcase video and photography projects.
- Create social media campaigns that share video and photography projects on a variety of platforms.