Due to the COVID-19 related campus closures, there are no in-person advisor meetings at this time. All meetings will be done via phone or through WebEx video conferencing. To make an appointment, email email@example.com or email your advisor directly.
The following staff are also holding virtual “walkins”. These are hours when you can connect with staff without making an appointment*. These virtual walkins are available starting Monday, March 23 through Thursday, May 7, 2020. Simply click the link below each person’s name during the hours listed.
Anne McIntyre (Fire & EMS Advisor) | Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Jamal Palmer (CJ Advisor) | Thursdays 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Christa Duren (Academic Services) | Mondays 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. and Tuesdays 3 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Jenni McKay (Success Coach) | Tuesdays 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Jenni is a good resource if you need help to adapt to an online or remote learning environment and need tools/strategies to adjust.
- Email: https://madisoncollege.webex.com/meet/jmckay2
*Please note that because students can join this meeting at random, your conversation may not be private at all times. Additionally, you must have access to the internet and microphone (video optional, but preferred).
Additionally, you can contact the following advisors directly to make phone or video conference appointment:
- Jamesetta Fousek (ECE & HUSVC Advisor, DRS) Fousek@madisoncollege.edu
- Maria Thomasson (General Advisor) MThomasson@madisoncollege.edu
- Vivian Burnette (UF Advisor) VLBurnette@madisoncollege.edu
Our mission is to help you realize your full academic potential by connecting you with programs and services, as well as providing you with the information you need to make informed decisions.
Our experienced and caring staff serves as student advocates and are dedicated to helping improve your experience at Madison College from the first day through graduation. Advisors can:
- Help you clarify your educational goals
- Help you develop an academic plan
- Develop strategies for academic and personal success
- Help you become aware of and connected to resources
Internet Access Options
- FCC agreement stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Comcast COVID-19 response: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time
- Charter Free Internet offer for 2 months: Charter will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-Fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/or college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription at any service level up to 100 Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395. Installation fees will be waived for new student households
- AT&T COVID-19 response: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon COVID-19 response: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
- T-Mobile COVID-19 response: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge (I expect others will follow).
Contacting Other Support Services
- General firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advising email@example.com
- Career & Employment Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counseling & College Success email@example.com
- Disability Resource Services firstname.lastname@example.org
- Retention Initiatives and Student Engagement email@example.com
- Enrollment Services EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu
- Financial Aid FinancialAid@madisoncollege.edu