The Business Foundations for Transfer program at Madison College gives you the best of both worlds: a flexible, affordable way to earn general education credits and the educational foundation to transfer into a business program at a four-year institution. While completing the Business Foundations for Transfer program at Madison College, you will learn key skills in Business Organization, Business Management, Accounting, and Economics. You will become proficient in Excel while earning this employable business credential.
Plan Your Path to Success!
- Check how your courses transfer within the UW System
To stay up to date on your progress, be sure to view your advisement report regularly!
Students in Madison College's Business Foundations for Transfer program can attend full or part time.
Business Foundations for Transfer classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterImportant Note: Financial Accounting requires Business Spreadsheet Applications (10106109) be previously taken or concurrently enrolled.10-101-2444 credits10-102-1343 credits20-801-2013 credits20-809-2123 creditsSecond Semester10-101-1184 credits10-102-1433 credits10-801-1983 credits20-809-2313 credits
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or 608.246.6210.
Apply to Madison College and take the first step towards your Business Foundations Transfer career.
After completing the Business Foundations for Transfer program at Madison College, you will be able to:
- Use identified critical thinking skills to pose questions, process information and make decisions.
- Exhibit self-awareness and self-management skills necessary to succeed in increasingly challenging academic environments.
- Participate in collaborative learning activities to achieve shared learning goals.
- Explore the operations of a business across functional areas.
- Record, analyze, and report on financial data.
- Examine the relationship between economic principles, business, and society.
- Use communication strategies to build professional relationships.
Madison Truax Campus
Main Building, D3631
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
608.246.6003 (Ext. 8)