The mission of the Data Analytics Certificate is that every student at Madison College, no matter their program or starting point, has access to learn basic data analytics skills. This certificate is for all students, including beginners, who would like to gain skills in data collection, management, analysis, visualization, and presentation. Completion will prepare students to work in a variety of settings, including academic research environments and both the private and public sectors, with traits employers want, including good communication skills, ethics, logic, and critical decision-making.
Students earning the Data Analytics Certificate can attend full or part time.
Data Analytics classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application available: September 15
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Data Analytics Certificate at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Analyze data using statistical techniques and models,
- Manage and visualize data using a variety of tools,
- Solve data-related problems using a programming language used in data science,
- Have an awareness of the ethical and sociological implications of data science practices.