Madison College's Project Management Certificate was created to provide the fundamental knowledge and skills in project management aligned with the project management bodies of knowledge to successfully initiate, plan, execute, and close projects. Required courses will provide you with skills to:
- Initiate and gather project requirements, scope, and strategic objectives
- Form a project team and define ground rules and team roles
- Baseline and plan project schedule, cost, and quality
- Execute, monitor, and control projects
- Close projects, archive project documents for future lessons learned, and verify the project delivers the intended value
Students in the Project Management Certificate program can attend full or part-time.
Classes for the Project Management Certificate may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Graduates who successfully complete the Project Management Certificate from Madison College are ready for a range of professional positions and globally recognized certifications in the field of project management, including:
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Facilitator
- Information Assistant
- Event Coordinator
- PMI - Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- International Association of Administrative Professionals–CAP, PM
With advanced training, students may find employment as:
- Administrative Assistant
- Project Director
- Project Manager
- Event Manager
- Office Administrator
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses:Plus, choose one of the following courses:
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application open
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application available: September 15
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only