Nursing Completion: LPN to ADN
Applicants must complete the admissions process and meet the requirements below to be considered for admission.
Select the appropriate tab below to see application dates by term.
- Fall 2016
- Application available on September 1, 2015
- Application review begins after October 15, 2015
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2015
- Application available on February 1, 2016
- Application review begins after March 15, 2016
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2016
- Application available on September 15, 2016
- Application review begins after October 15, 2016
- Application completion deadline is December 15, 2016
- Application available on February 1, 2017
- Application review begins after March 15, 2017
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2017
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admissions Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to apply for or transfer their student visa (F-1, M-1 or J-1) to Madison College must complete the International Student Admission Application Process.
2. Application Fee
An application fee is required at the time your application is submitted.
3. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED, or completion of an associate’s degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- high school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED score report
- college transcript showing an associate degree or higher
Transcripts must show the following course requirements. Only grades of C or better will be accepted; a C- will not be considered.
a) Algebra: One semester of algebra taken in college with a grade of C or better OR satisfactory math test scores.
Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Elementary Algebra with Apps(10-834-110)
- College Math (10-804-107)
- Mathematical Reasoning (10-804-134)
- Applied Math for Chemistry (77-854-756) or higher
Test scores that meet this requirement are:
- ATI-TEAS (formerly TEAS-V): Math - 63.3%
- ACT: Math – 20
- SAT: Math – 500
b) Chemistry: One year of high school chemistry with lab components OR one semester of college-level chemistry with a grade of C or better. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- General Chemistry (10-806-134) or higher
- High school chemistry classes must be college-preparatory; Chemistry for the Community or similar classes do not satisfy this requirement.
4. Practical/Vocational Nursing Licensure
Must hold a current license as a practical or vocational nurse.
5. Residency Requirement
Per Wisconsin Statute TCS-10, because the application deadline for this program is prior to January 1st for Fall and/or prior to May 1st for Spring:
- Out-of-state residents and Non-district state residents (including Minnesota residents) are not eligible for admission consideration to this program due to its early application deadline.
- Only residents of the Madison College district are eligible for admission consideration for this program.
Learn more about residency determination and program availability.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
- This program does not utilize the petition process. Students should follow the Next Steps After Acceptance.