The Management Trainee Technical Diploma at Madison College prepares you for supervisory management or entry-level management, enabling you to add value to a team environment by developing foundational communication skills and an overall business perspective. It equips you to take on a lead or supervisory role by developing skills critical to getting results and building relationships. You will take communication, management/supervision, general business, human resources, and accounting courses.
Students in the Management Trainee program can attend full or part-time. Start classes in September, October, January, March, or June.
Management Trainee classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Your Advantages at Madison College
Faculty members with years of business experience lead courses.
- Courses focus on active learning through simulations, cases, and sharing of business experiences rather than passive textbook learning.
- Courses are offered online, face-to-face or 8-week accelerated delivery.
- Full-time or part-time options are available.
- Career pathways available to double major in Human Resources and transfer to four-year institutions.
Graduates with a Management Trainee Diploma from Madison College are ready for a range of professional positions, such as:
- Team, Process, Operations, or Customer Service Lead
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond SemesterThird Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2023
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2023
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2023
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Students must submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing completion of an associate degree or higher
- Note: Effective with the 2023-2024 year, this may be fulfilled with at least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only