Estimated Program Cost
Madison College developed the Essentials of Microsoft Office program to help you get hired, earn a promotion, or update your skills for work in today's modern offices. Completing the Essentials of Microsoft Office certificate at Madison College will prepare you to become certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist.
Students in the Essentials of Microsoft Office certificate can attend part-time, and some courses are also available in a bilingual format.
Essentials of Microsoft Office certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South (bilingual version)
Madison College's Essentials of Microsoft Office certificate graduates are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of administration, including:
- Word Processing Specialist
- Secretarial Assistant
- Program Assistant
- Clerical Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Document Specialist
- Administrative Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
- Office Support Assistant
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Assistant
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.