Madison College developed the Microsoft Office Essentials to help you get hired, earn a promotion, or update your skills for work in today's modern offices. Completing the Microsoft Office Essentials certificate at Madison College will prepare you to become certified as a Microsoft Office Specialist.
Students in the Microsoft Office Essentials certificate can attend part-time, and some courses are also available in a bilingual format.
Microsoft Office Essentials certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South (bilingual version)
Madison College's Microsoft Office Essentials certificate graduates are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of administration, including:
- Word Processing Specialist
- Secretarial Assistant
- Program Assistant
- Clerical Assistant
- Office Assistant
- Document Specialist
- Administrative Clerk
- Customer Service Representative
- Office Support Assistant
- Data Entry Operator
- Information Assistant
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Microsoft Office Essentials Certificate
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.