MEET WENDY (CHINA)
I transferred 63 credits to UW-Madison and saved more than $30,000. Besides the lower tuition, Madison College is a great place to get involved more quickly in local culture and gain American social and communication skills. It’s a smaller community, so you can get to know more people in a shorter time, which helps build self-confidence.
Meet Sam (PakistAn)
I’m from Pakistan, and Madison College has sparked my passion for journalism. A storyteller at heart, I plan to transfer to UW-Madison and finish my bachelor’s degree. As I take my liberal arts courses here, I’ve found opportunities to develop as a writer.
I dreamed of studying in the U.S. My family helped me choose Madison because education matters here. Madison College was the most affordable launchpad for me. Plus, I feel accepted for who I am and challenged beyond my comfort zone. Madison College has helped me gain confidence.
More than 200 students from nearly 50 countries attend Madison College. Flexible admissions and friendly staff can help you start your educational path at Madison College.
VALUABLE RESOURCES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- Center for International Education
Madison College provides global learning opportunities, infusing international education into coursework and helping students acclimate to campus. CIE provides information and advice about applying for and maintaining a student visa, and cultural acclimation support.
- Cross-Cultural Activities, Events and Programs
A variety of on- and off-campus activities gives students from a variety of cultures opportunities to connect with other students. The college also encourages you to get involved in activities and organizations created by and for international students, including Cultural Connect, World Students Association and Madison Friends of International Students.
- English Language Learners
Five levels of English as a Second Language courses provide the support students need to improve their reading, writing and spoken-language skills. These ESL courses are not open to students who apply through the international admissions process. International visa students must submit proof of English language proficiency.
Why Madison College is the smart choice
- Madison College offers quality education in an environment that respects and embraces diversity among students, faculty and staff.
- Small class sizes, individual support from instructors, and strong employer relationships means international students at Madison College gain valuable experience quickly.
- If you plan to gain a bachelor's degree in the U.S., you can attend Madison College first and then and transfer to one of many 4-year colleges and universities.
- You can get personalized help from the Center for International Education to obtain a student visa.
- Madison is home to residents from all over the world, and its small size helps Madison College students make a quick and easy transition.
- Choose from available housing options close to the Madison and regional campuses - from small efficiencies to multi-bedroom apartments to whole houses.