After completing the admission process, qualified applicants will be admitted in a pre-petition status and should then complete the Start of Semester Checklist. Applicants will then be selected for entry into core program courses through the petition process. Petition requirements vary by program; review the Medical Coding Specialist Petition Requirements for details.
- Application available on February 1, 2017
- Application review begins after March 15, 2017
- Application completion deadline is December 15, 2017
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admissions Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
International students who wish to apply for or transfer their student visa (F-1, M-1 or J-1) to Madison College must complete the International Student Admission Application Process.
2. Application Fee
An application fee is required at the time an application is submitted.
3. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED/GED02, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school or charter school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript) or GED02 transcript
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
Applicants that have attended other higher education institutions should submit official transcripts from each college/university attended.
4. Residency Requirement
Per Wisconsin Statute TCS-10, because this program utilizes the petition process and the application deadline is after January 1 for fall and/or after May 1 for spring:
- All applicants, regardless of residency status, are eligible for admission application review
- During the petition process priority for entry into core classes will be given to district residents, then non-district state residents, followed by out-of-state residents.
- Minnesota residents are considered non-district state residents for admission purposes.