Embedded Technical Diploma
The Financial Assistant embedded technical diploma at Madison College is comprised of a selection of courses from the Finance Associate Degree program. These core classes can be completed in one year giving you the valuable skills you need to enter or move up in the workforce.
In these classes you will explore:
- Accounting principles including an introduction to accounting software.
- Federal and state income tax laws, with an emphasis on personal taxes.
- Microsoft Excel; create professional workbooks, charts, macros, and work with financial tools.
- Financial Institutions and their impact on the economy.
You’ll leave Madison College fully prepared for your job or internship search. We’ll teach you effective techniques to present yourself to employers for job prospects or promotions. You will learn how to create or improve your resume and cover letter as well as polish your interviewing and networking skills.
If you apply for the Finance associate degree, you will automatically earn this diploma after completing your first year of classes.
Students in the Financial Assistant program can attend full or part time.
Finance classes may be offered at the following Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Explore financial aid eligibility for this program.
All courses for this program are offered online and in person.
- View the admission requirements for application deadlines, materials and requirements.
- Attend an Academic Information Session to get started in the admission process.
- Visit MATC to learn more about the Madison College experience including campus tours and program open houses.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at MATC.
Contact Enrollment Services at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-6210.
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2019-2020 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.10-101-1114 credits10-106-1093 credits10-114-1303 credits10-801-1953 credits10-804-1443 credits10-103-1451 credits10-101-1134 credits10-101-1234 credits10-106-1901 credits10-114-1283 credits10-801-1963 credits
Earning your Financial Assistant technical diploma at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as a:
- Financial Assistant
- Tax Assistant
- Credit Analyst
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
Estimated Program Cost
# of Credits for Completion32Tuition$4368.00Materials/Supplemental Costs$720.38Other Costs$0.00Total Estimated Program Costs:
(book costs not included)$5088.38