The Industrial Electro-Mechanical Essentials Certificate at Madison College will introduce you to a wide variety of hands-on skills. These skills are used in many industries that employ people in many skill levels including machine operators, maintenance technicians, and engineers. The certificate can also be used as an introduction to skills across many disciplines to help you determine which areas interest you the most. These hands-on skills will give students the knowledge that is essential to understand their role and the role of other departments they interact with. The areas that you will learn include; safety, technical drawings and inspections, welding, machining, fluid power and basic electrical. As an Industrial Electro-Mechanical Essentials student, you will get hands-on training in:
- hydraulics, pneumatics, and mechanisms
- measuring voltage, current, resistance and power for single and three phase sources
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, includes receiving an OSHA 10 card
- precision measurement and blueprint reading
- welding, and machining
Students in the Industrial Electro-Mechanical Technology Certificate can attend full or part-time.
Industrial Electro-Mechanical Essentials classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses10-103-1331 credit10-449-1001 credit10-462-1041 credit10-462-1061 credit10-462-3211 credit10-462-3291 credit10-462-3311 credit10-606-2002 credits32-420-3302 credits10-442-126 Metal Repair Techniques may be taken in place of Metal Processes 12 credits32-420-3491 credit32-420-351 Elements of Basic Metrology may be taken in place of Basic Metrology (Part A)2 credits
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.