The Healthcare Customer Service certificate will provide you with the skills to be successful in entry-level customer service roles within healthcare organizations. You will learn the foundations of customer service, medical language, and medical administrative skills.
Earn this certificate in 16 weeks and start your new career, or use it as a steppingstone to further your education and career opportunities.
Please note: Healthcare employers require all applicants to complete and pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Students in Madison College's Healthcare Customer Service Certificate program can attend full or part time.
Healthcare Customer Service classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Once you've earned your Healthcare Customer Service certificate from Madison College, you'll be ready for a range of professional positions including:
- Customer Service Ambassador
- Patient Access Associate/Representative
- Telecommunications Operator
- Guest Services Assistant/Representative
- Call Center Representative
- Switchboard Operator
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.