The Stem Cell Technologies Certificate is a one-semester evening program for individuals with a Bachelor of Science degree or an Associate of Applied Science (or equivalent) in the biological sciences who want to work in stem cell technologies and regenerative medicine.
Courses in the Stem Cell Technologies certificate include intensive, hands-on work with stem cells and mammalian cell cultures.
Students in the Stem Cell Technologies certificate attend part time.
Stem Cell Technologies certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Earning your certificate in Stem Cell Technologies at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as a stem cell specialist in a research or production setting.
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses (Spring Only)
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set and add professionalism to a resume. This certificate admits applicants for the spring term only. To apply, proceed to the online application.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
Submit official transcripts showing one of the following:
- Enrollment in associate degree Biotechnology Laboratory Technician AND successful completion of the Cell Culturing course (10-007-123)
- Completion of two semesters of college level molecular biology laboratory course (with a C or better)
The education requirement above may be waived by the program director if the student has equivalent experience in the biotech industry and related experience in the laboratory.
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.