May 26, 2020 to June 26, 2020 (applications due March 1 – May 1, 2020)
Early applications are not accepted.
Students seeking admission to the Jail Officer Certification must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Complete the Wisconsin Department of Justice Application for Enrollment-Jail Officer Training (DJ-LE-327)
- Complete a criminal history records check
- Complete a satisfactory oral interview
- Not have a suspended or revoked driver's license
Students accepted into the Jail Officer Certification Course must undergo a physical assessment by a Wisconsin licensed physician.
How to apply to academy as pre-service candidate:
Please read the entire process below.
Part ONE: Documentation
Download and complete:
Mail documents to:
Madison College Law Enforcement Academy
1701 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
* Late or incomplete applications are not considered for further entry into the academy.
Part TWO: Interview
If your application passes review:
You will be notified of your interview date. It will be within 75 days of the start of the academy.
Part Three: Conditional Acceptance
Based on the results of your interview, you will receive a conditional acceptance letter into the academy as a pre-service recruit and directions for medical assessment DJLE-332, fingerprinting and a criminal background check.
Part Four: Final Acceptance
If you pass the Department of Justice background check, you will receive the Jail Officer Academy training schedule, uniform requirements, policies, and orientation information.