Plan on 20 hours a week in class plus three or four hours of homework a day.
You’ll be part of a Gateway to College learning community of fellow students and staff.
It’ll take one to three years for a diploma, but you’ll can earn more than 30 college credits too.
You qualify if you are
- between 16 and 21 years old
- behind in credits based on your age group
- on the verge of dropping out or have dropped out of high school
- not doing well in high school, with a low GPA or attendance issues
Step One: Attend an information session
Learn more about how the program works, who qualifies, what you can expect and what Gateway will expect of you. Bring a famiy member, friend, or another support person if you like.
Information sessions are held every Tuesday and Wednesday from March 1 until June 14, 2023
- Tuesdays at 3:30 pm are virtual sessions. You will receive a link after you register.
- Wednesdays at 3:30 pm are in-person at the Truax Campus, Room B3275. Please allow 15 minutes to park and walk to the classroom.
Step Two: Submit the application
- Answer the questions
- Complete the three essay questions
Step Three: Take a test
- Complete the Accuplacer test for reading and math
Step Four: Participate in an Interview Session
Once you have completed the first three steps, you must schedule an interview.
- Talk with members of the Gateway to College staff.
- Discuss your strengths and what motivates you.
- Explain why Gateway is a right fit for your educational/career goals.
- Ask any questions you may have.
Contact Gateway to College
Madison, Truax Campus
Main Building, B3275
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
- Monday – Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm