1. Welcome Session
You must call or use the link below to schedule an appointment for the welcome session. We will offer virtual and in person options for your convenience.
Madison College High School Completion Program: 608.243.4199
At the Welcome Session you will:
- Receive a new student folder and general info
- Please provide one valid form of photo identification
- Create Madison College Username/Password
- Create GED.com account
- Obtain TABE Reading Test Ticket
- Register for GED/HSED Intro Class
2. Complete TABE Assessment
Take the TABE Reading Test. Please allow 2.5 hours for the test. IMPORTANT: PLEASE COMPLETE THE WELCOME SESSION PRIOR TO SCHEDULING YOUR TABE TEST.
To take the test remotely, schedule an appointment by clicking on the link below. You will be asked to provide your name, email, phone number and student ID#.
- Remote Testing: Schedule TABE Test (GED/HSED)
To take the test on-campus, attend one of our open testing sessions on Mondays and Thursdays at the Goodman South Campus, Rm 127. Plan to arrive between 9-11:00 am or 2-6:00 pm to allow enough time for testing.
3. GED/HSED Intro Class
This course introduces you to the high school completion options in Wisconsin.
During this class you will:
- Review GED/HSED Options in Wisconsin
- Complete Career Assessment
- Complete an Academic Plan
- Register for Courses (if needed)
- Meet with your assigned Advisor
- Receive information about the Student One Card
4. Complete Employability Skills Requirements
You have two options to complete your employability skills requirement:
- Complete Employability Skills 3 Curriculum at Madison College
- Provide High School Transcript with completed employability skills course
5. Testing Orientation
Please contact our office at 608.243.4199 to schedule a Testing Orientation.
- Review Testing Center Rules and Regulations
- Bring your ID and proof of Wisconsin Residency
- Get approval for Official Exams
- Receive Free Civics Voucher
6. Complete GED/HSED Testing or Coursework
- Review your Academic Plan with your transition specialist, to schedule an appointment call 608.243.4199.
- Log into your Blackboard account (see video for instructions)
- Get Academic Support at one of our High School Completion Centers