1. Welcome Session
At the Welcome Session you will:
- Receive general information about our program
- Create your Madison College Username/Password
- Provide one valid form of photo identification
- Register for GED/HSED Intro Class
2. Complete TABE Assessment
- Please allow 2.5 hours for the test.
- Complete the welcome session prior to scheduling your TABE test.
Take the Test online: Schedule TABE Test (GED/HSED) You will be asked to provide your name, email, phone number and student ID#.
Take the test in-person: Attend an open testing session on Monday or Thursdays at the Goodman South Campus, Room 127. Arrive between 9-11:00 am or 2-6:00 pm to allow enough time for testing.
3. Demographic Information
- Sign-in to your student portal Student Demographic Information
- Under Communications select the “To do List” and complete the Demographic Info Form
4. GED/HSED Intro Class
This course introduces you to the high school completion options in Wisconsin.
During this class you will:
- Create GED.com account
- Review GED/HSED Options in Wisconsin
- Complete Career Assessment
- Complete an Academic Plan
- Register for Courses (if needed)
- Meet with your assigned Advisor
- Receive information about the Student One Card
5. Complete Employability Skills Requirements
You have two options to complete your employability skills requirement:
- Complete Employability Skills 3 Curriculum at Madison College
- Provide High School Transcript with a completed employability skills course
6. Testing Orientation
Please contact our office at 608.243.4199 to schedule a Testing Orientation.
- Review Testing Center Rules and Regulations
- Bring your ID and proof of Wisconsin Residency
- Get approval for Official Exams
- Receive Free Civics Voucher
7. Complete GED/HSED Testing or Coursework
- Review your Academic Plan with your transition specialist, to schedule an appointment call 608.243.4199.
- Log into your Blackboard account (see video for instructions)
- Get Academic Support at one of our High School Completion Centers