Get hands-on training on high-tech equipment used in industry.
Madison College's Cabinetmaking and Millwork lab features state-of-the-art tools, equipment and technology. Our instructors have a wealth of relevant experience in their field and are eager to share their wisdom beyond the textbook.
- The program maintains state-of-the-art equipment for 32mm cabinetmaking.
- Our CNC capabilities include a Busellato CNC machining center and an Omal Bore and Dowel machine for nested based manufacturing.
- Our tool room features a Kentwood profile knife grinder for making custom moulding profiles.
- The rough mill includes a Straight-line rip saw, and a 5-head moulder for preparing stock.
- We have five shapers used for profiling stock.
- Our lab features three planers for processing solid stock.
Students and instructors in the Cabinetmaking and Millwork program earn top awards at regional, state, national and international competition levels. Program instructor Jeff Molzahn trains Team USA for "WorldSkills".
Cabinetmaking and Millwork newsletter, Wood Moves, is published 2-3 times annually. Each issue contains program information and news, as well as upcoming events. Find past issues of Wood Moves. If you would like to be on the mailing list, email Patrick Molzahn at firstname.lastname@example.org.