The IT-Service Center Technician Certificate from Madison College provides instruction for information systems professionals and programming students in the areas of computer hardware and software. Topics covered include installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of personal computer hardware, operating systems and software. After completing the certificate courses, students will need additional preparation and practice time to successfully pass the CompTIA A+ certification exams.
Students earning Madison College’s IT-Service Center Technician Certificate may attend part time.
IT-Service Center Technician classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
IT-Service Center Technician graduates from Madison College are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of IT-Systems Administration including:
PC Support Technician
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the IT- Service Center Technician program at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to do:
- Hardware troubleshooting
- Software troubleshooting