All recruits entering the 720-hour Law Enforcement Academy at Madison College must pass a physical readiness test. We provide a series of testing dates for both preservice and sworn officers seeking to enter the Law Enforcement Academy. Applicants can only test three times within a six-month period to gain entrance into the academy, with a minimum of six weeks in between each test attempt.
Prior to participating in fitness testing, you must provide:
- A completed DJLE332 physician's form
- A completed Pre-Test Screening Questionnaire (provided on test day)
- Payment of $45 sent to:
Madison College Protective Services
Attn: Law Enforcement Academy Readiness Testing
1701 Wright Street
Madison, WI 53704
Test Dates and Location
Location: Public Safety Training Facility, W2140 Krause Rd. Columbus
Available testing Dates:
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 8 a.m.
- Saturday, November 13, 2021 8 a.m.
- Saturday, November 20, 2021 8 a.m.
* Please note: Testing in 2021 is limited due to health concerns and social distancing requirements. Sworn officers receive priority in scheduling.
- Run 1.5 miles in 20 minutes 20 seconds
- Run 300 meters in 82 seconds
- Pushups: 18 consecutive
- Sit-ups: 24 in a minute
- Vertical jump of 11.5 inches
- Agility run 23.4 seconds
You should arrive 30 minutes early for stretching and instructions. You must wear appropriate athletic footwear, shorts or sweat pants, and a loose-fitting t-shirt free of improper logos or depictions. We also encourage you to bring a towel and a water bottle. Our testing coordinators reserve the right to decline testing for failure to have all proper forms completed, failure to dress appropriately, or observations of conduct that is deemed concerning or unsafe.