The Chemistry/Math Bridge program at Madison College will give you a jump start on your health or vet tech program algebra and chemistry prerequisites. This Bridge program allows students to complete the chemistry and algebra prerequisite in one semester:
- Applied Math for Chemistry (77854756)
- General Chemistry (10806134)
Students who do not meet the math requirements for a traditional General Chemistry 134 class co-enroll in Applied Math for Chemistry class, and the related General Chemistry 134 Bridge section.
The Chemistry/Math Bridge program helps you:
- Start your program faster. Bridge students start their program up to a year earlier than traditional students.
- Get extra support in chemistry and math courses.
- Take classes that are specific to health topics and relevant to your future classes and career.
Qualified Bridge students will have completed one of the following:
- COMPASS score Pre-Algebra 42-99 or
- COMPASS score Algebra 1-29 or
- ACCP score Arithmetic 76-120 or
- ACT Math score 17-19 or
- the completion of Basic Algebra (74854793) or CAM Math Arith/Pre-Algebra (74854711) with a C or better
Reading Prerequisite: ACT Read 18+ or COMP Read 80+ or ACCP Read 80+
Upon completion, you may choose to pursue studies in:
- Associate Degree Nursing (R.N.)
- Dental Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Lab Technician
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technologist
- Therapeutic Massage
- Veterinary Technician