Course Placement Testing
Due to the Madison College campus closures in response to the COVID-19 situation, in-person testing sessions are not available at this time.
During the closure, online testing sessions are available by appointment. Audio and video capabilities are needed. To request a test session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student ID number
- Telephone number
- Program of study
- Test subjects needed (Reading, Writing, Math)
- Equipment you have available for use during the exam (Computer, Laptop, Tablet +Smart Phone)
- Best day of the week and time to take the Course Placement exam
The Madison College placement test is a computerized, un-timed placement tool that assesses your reading, math and English skills. Your scores will impact your educational planning, so we encourage you to prepare for the test.
- A valid photo ID is required at all test sessions.
- Placement test scores are valid for two years from date of the exam.
- During the COVID-19 closure, Madison College will accept ACT, Accuplacer Next Gen, Classic Accuplacer, and COMPASS scores for up to 5 years. Additionally, students will be able to use their high school GPA (within 5 years) in lieu of placement testing.
- Placement testing is required for all students, with a few exceptions (see below)
- Exam sessions last 1.5 to 3 hours. You will work at your own pace.
If you need your test scores sent to another institution, complete the Test Score Request form.
Smart Start sessions are held at the South Campus for students needing help with the college's program application and financial processes.