Course Placement Testing
Due to COVID-19, we encourage current and prospective students to access virtual testing appointments which are available in three formats:
1. By appointment with our proctoring staff (wide range of scheduling options).
2. Automated proctoring with our online partners at Examity (a fast scheduling option with on-demand (test now) sessions or by appointment 7 days a week 24 hours a day). Must use a laptop or computer, no tablets or smart phones.
3. By appointment with the Examity proctoring staff (session availability 7 days a week, 24 hours a day). Must use a laptop or computer, no tablets or smart phones.
Audio and video capabilities are needed for all session types. To request a test session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Student ID number
- Telephone number
- Program of study
- Test subjects needed (Reading, Writing, Math)
- Equipment you have available for use during the exam (Computer, Laptop, Tablet +Smart Phone)
- Best day of the week and time to take the Course Placement exam
- Your proctoring preference: Madison College proctor, Examity Automated, Examity live proctors
For students unable to access virtual support, we will offer limited in-person testing services.
The Madison College placement test is a computerized, un-timed placement tool that assesses your reading, math and English skills. Your scores will impact your educational planning, so we encourage you to prepare for the test.
- A valid photo ID is required at all test sessions.
- Placement test scores are valid for two years from date of the exam.
- During the COVID-19 closure, Madison College will accept ACT, Accuplacer Next Gen, Classic Accuplacer, and COMPASS scores for up to 5 years. Additionally, students will be able to use their high school GPA (within 5 years) in lieu of placement testing.
- Placement testing is required for all students, with a few exceptions (see below)
- Exam sessions last 1.5 to 3 hours. You will work at your own pace.
If you need your test scores sent to another institution, complete the Test Score Request form.
Smart Start sessions are held at the South Campus for students needing help with the college's program application and financial processes.