ESL Beginner and Intermediate levels are currently offered at our South Campus on 2238 South Park Street, Madison WI 53713
Advanced ESL level will be offered at Truax on 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI 53704
Please click HERE to view all ESL classes
Once you take a placement, you will be assigned an ESL level.
What is my English language level?
What ESL Classes should i choose?
ESL for Community: Will teach you English for everyday living
- Students who are not in the job market and do not currently have plans to look for a job.
- Students who want to improve their English skills in order to navigate life in our community more easily.
- Students who want to use English to make English-speaking friends, help their children with homework, read school-related documents, make appointments, etc.
ESL FOR TECHNICAL CAREERS: WILL PREPARE YOU FOR A one - two YEAR DEGREE
- Students who have identified a specific career pathway but need to build language proficiency in a career-related domain.
- Students who know they want to earn a certificate, diploma, or degree in less than two years (after they finish ESL).
- Students who want to finish ESL and start a career in a chosen field as soon as possible.
- Students who already have a job and want to improve their English skills to perform that job better or move up in their company.
ESL FOR COLLEGE TRANSFER: WILL PREPARE YOU FOR A 4-YEAR DEGREE
- Students who have a degree from their home country, and want to work in the same field in the US once they gain accredited certification.
- Students who know they want to earn a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a four-year institution.
- Students who intend to be in school for more than four years after they finish ESL courses.
- Students who aspire to learn English for academic purposes.