If a student experiences an unforeseen financial expense, emergency funding up to $500 may be available. An unforeseen expense is considered one that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student’s temporary or permanent departure from the college. Funding is only available during the fall or spring semester.
There are multiple sources of emergency funding. Each source has different requirements and all sources of funding are taken into consideration when reviewing your request. The following criteria are considered when determining eligibility:
- Receipt of emergency funding before
- FAFSA completion for the aid year
- Enrollment and attendance in degree credit classes for the current semester
- Outstanding obligations to Madison College
- Requested expenses to be paid (see eligible/ineligible expenses below)
- Program of study
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status
- Pell Grant eligibility for the current semester
After you complete the Financial Challenges Form below, results are sent to the Emergency Funding Processor for review. You will be notified via your student email within 48 hours about next steps. These may include meeting with a Madison College counselor to discuss the situation and connect with community resources.
- Personal automobile repair
- Public transportation/bus pass
- Child care
- Legal fees
The form is currently closed, but will re-open in the Fall of 2018.