Financial Challenges Support
If a student experiences an unforeseen financial expense, emergency funding up to $500 may be available. An unforeseen expense is considered one that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to a students temporary or permanent departure from the college.
Funding is only available during the fall or spring semester. If a student qualifies for emergency funding it must be paid directly to the party owed; therefore, it cannot be used to reimburse a student after a payment has been made out of pocket. A student is not eligible for emergency funding if they have received it before.
- Must have a current FAFSA on file
- Must be attending degree credit classes regularly for the current semester
- Cannot have an outstanding balance at Madison College
- Must be admitted into a program of study
- Must meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
After you complete the Financial Challenges Form below, results are sent to the Emergency Funding Processor for review. You will be notified via your student email within 48 hours about next steps. These may include meeting with a Madison College counselor to discuss the situation and connect with community resources.
- Personal automobile repair
- Public transportation/bus pass
- Child care
- Legal fees
- New automobile
Support Services are always available to you. You can connect with a Counselor to discuss your situation, create a financial plan or learn about community resources. Call (608) 246.6076 to schedule an appointment.