If a student experiences an unforeseen financial expense, emergency funding may be available. An unforeseen expense is considered one that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student’s temporary or permanent departure from the college. Funding is only available during the fall or spring semester.
The following criteria is considered when determining eligibility:
- Whether you have received emergency funding before
- Must have a FAFSA completed for the aid year
- Must be enrolled and attending degree credit classes for the current semester
- Must not have any outstanding obligations to Madison College
- What the funding is needed for (see eligible/ineligible expenses below)
- Be admitted to an eligible program of study*
- Meet Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)*
- Have Pell Grant eligibility for the current semester*
* There are multiple sources of emergency funding. Each source has different requirements and all sources of funding are taken into consideration when reviewing your request.
After you complete the Financial Challenges Form below, results are sent to the Emergency Funding Processor for review. You will be notified via your student email within 48 hours about next steps. These may include meeting with a Madison College counselor to discuss the situation and connect with community resources.
- Personal automobile
- Public transportation/bus pass
- Child care
- Legal fees
DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP FOR SALT! With SALT®, you can search for a scholarship, look for jobs or internships, keep track of your student loans, get loan advice from an expert counselor, and see how to save money wisely. Visit SALT to sign up today! It’s free to all Madison Area Technical College students.