If a student experiences an unforeseen financial expense, emergency funding up to $500 may be available. An unforeseen expense is considered one that, if not resolved quickly, could lead to the student’s temporary or permanent departure from the college. Funding is only available during the fall or spring semester.
There are multiple sources of emergency funding. Each source has different requirements and all sources of funding are taken into consideration when reviewing your request. The following criteria is considered when determining eligibility:
- Receipt of emergency funding before
- FAFSA completion for the aid year
- Enrollment and attendance in degree credit classes for the current semester
- Outstanding obligations to Madison College
- Requested expenses to be paid (see eligible/ineligible expenses below)
- Program of study
- Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status
- Pell Grant eligibility for the current semester
After you complete the Financial Challenges Form below, results are sent to the Emergency Funding Processor for review. You will be notified via your student email within 48 hours about next steps. These may include meeting with a Madison College counselor to discuss the situation and connect with community resources.
- Personal automobile repair
- Public transportation/bus pass
- Child care
- Legal fees
SIGN UP FOR SALT! With SALT®, you can search for a scholarship, look for jobs or internships, keep track of your student loans, get loan advice from an expert counselor, and see how to save money wisely. Visit SALT to sign up today! It’s free to all Madison Area Technical College students.
Requests for Fall 2017 are now closed - the form will re-open Spring 2018.