The Pell Recalculation Date (also called the census date) is when the Financial Aid Office evaluates your Federal Pell Grant eligibility based on your current enrollment status. If the Pell Grant you were awarded does not match with your current enrollment status, your award must be adjusted.
- All award amounts listed in your student portal are subject to change.
- If you were not yet enrolled for the semester at the time of your initial award, the award is based on an assumed full-time enrollment status.
Pell Recalculation Dates
- Fall 2022: Friday, September 9, 2022
- Spring 2023: Friday, January 27, 2023
After the Pell Recalculation Date
Classes added after the Pell Recalculation Date will not count towards your Pell Grant eligibility, regardless of class start date. If you drop, withdraw from, or do not attend classes that you were registered for, your financial aid award may be adjusted as follows:
- If funding has already disbursed, you may be required to repay your financial aid.
- If funding has not yet disbursed and:
- your enrollment decreases to less than 6 credits, any loans you were awarded will not disburse.
- you were awarded any state grants, your award may be reevaluated, depending on the grant.
- you were awarded a Pell Grant, your award will be reevaluated to determine your eligibility.