Madison College is committed to establishing productive business relationships with vendors and contractors that provide quality products and services at competitive prices.
Madison College departments and staff are encouraged to partner with women-owned, minority-owned, veteran-owned, and small businesses.
Internal Processes and Guidelines
- Request for Bid or Proposal Process
- Guidelines for Obtaining Quotes
- Bid/Proposal/Sole Source Processing Schedule for Purchases Requiring Board Approval (PDF 66KB)
Vendor Policies and Procedures
- Procurement and Purchasing Policy
- Procurement and Purchasing Procedures
- Purchasing Matrix of Processes and Requirements
The Purchasing Matrix Includes type of purchase, estimated value, method to request purchase, initiating and approving authority, competitive process required, sole source determination, documentation, invoice submission, and purchase order process.
Madison College adheres to federal, state, and WTCS purchasing rules and regulations.
- A minimum of two written quotes are required for printing purchases $250-$24,999. Three written quotes are required for printing purchases $25,000-$49,999.
- A minimum of two written quotes are required for purchases $5,000-$24,999. Three written quotes are required for all purchases $25,000-$49,000.
- A Request for Bid (RFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP) is required for purchases over $50,000 ($25,000 for public construction).
- A sole source is an item or service that is only available from a single source. District Board approval is required for sole source procurements of $50,000 or more.
Madison College welcomes all qualified businesses into our bidding process. To learn about Madison College’s Requests for Bids (RFBs) and Requests for Proposals (RFPs), please use Onvia DemandStar.