TUITION (Program and material fees): Established annually by the Wisconsin Technical College System according to Wisconsin state statutes.
NON-RESIDENT tuition: Required for out-of-state students and international students. Due to a reciprocity agreement, Minnesota residents pay in-state tuition. In all cases, the individual student is responsible for proving their residency status.
Enrollment Related Fees
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT FEE: Charged for degree credit classes only. Fees provide expanded service hours, personnel and self-service and online resources that support academic success at all campuses.
COMMUTER SERVICES SUPPLEMENTAL FEE: Charged when taking at least one degree credit at any Madison campus. It covers:
- Madison Metro bus passes.
- Campus-to-campus shuttle services.
- Parking permit fees. If you are not taking degree credit classes, you may purchase a parking permit, if required, for $25.00 per academic term.
- Para-Transit services.
- Madison B-Cycle System access throughout the city.
- Learn more about the commuter fee and related services.
SUPPLEMENTAL FEE, MADISON OR REGIONAL CAMPUS: Supports co-curricular activities and programming including student newspapers, athletics, performing arts, Student Senate, leadership programs, clubs and associations, the Programs and Activities Council, the Student Life Office and provides access to the Madison College Fitness Center.
ONLINE COURSE FEE: All online (internet-based) classes include a $10 per credit fee. There is a minimum charge of $10 for classes below one credit.
THE above FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE UNLESS THE COLLEGE CANCELS THE COURSE OR YOU WITHDRAW BEFORE CLASSES BEGIN.
ADMISSION APPLICATION FEE:
One of the following is required when you apply for a program.
- $30 - Domestic (US) student
- $50 - International student
- $15 - Certificate admission fee
This is non-refundable.
GRADUATION FEE: This is to be paid prior to graduation, regardless of attendance at the graduation ceremony. You can request a refund of this fee if you are dropped for academic, medical or other reasons, or withdrawn of your own volition. You will be notified of this fee when you receive graduation information.
PARKING FEE: Parking at Truax or the Commercial Avenue Education Center requires you display a Madison College parking permit. The permit costs are included in the $46 commuter services supplemental fee. If you are a non-degree or regional campus student, you may purchase a parking permit for $25. This may be ordered through your myMadisonCollege Student Center.
TEXTBOOKS AND CLASS MATERIALS: You must purchase your own textbooks and class materials as required. To find your books at the Madison College Bookstore:
- Find your subject and course using the last six digits of the eight-digit Catalog Number. This number will lead you to the general area in the bookstore where books for your classes are located.
- The five-digit class number identifies the particular class you are taking. Look for this number to find the book or books for your class.