UW Madison Transfer Contract
In 2006, UW-Madison Chancellor John Wiley and MATC President Bettsey Barhorst signed an agreement that provides qualified Madison College students a clear transfer pathway to complete their education at UW-Madison. In 2019, the contract was updated.
Since the transfer agreement was established, more than 1,000 Madison College students have participated in the guaranteed transfer agreement between MATC and UW-Madison. There is no limit to the number of students who can sign the transfer contract each year, but students must be eligible to sign the contract.
To take advantage of this opportunity for guaranteed transfer admission and to determine eligibility, Madison College students must meet with a liberal arts transfer advisor. Students who may not be eligible to sign the contract are still encouraged to work with their MATC transfer advisor to create their own transfer plan to UW-Madison.
View the Transfer Contract
UW-MADISON TRANSFER CONTRACT ELIGIBILITY
To take advantage of the UW-Madison Transfer Contract, Madison College students must:
- Be a college freshman in the Liberal Arts Transfer program. A college freshman is defined as having completed fewer than 24 transferrable credits.
- Declare their intent to participate before earning their first 30 transferrable credits at Madison College
TRANSFER CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS
Madison College students who are under the transfer contract are required to:
- Complete a minimum of 60 transferable credits
- Maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA. In addition, students must earn a 2.0 or higher in their last term prior to transfer.
- Meet the admission and transfer course requirements listed in the contract
- Meet with an MATC advisor every semester
- Complete requirements within 3 years of signing the contract
Admission to UW-Madison does not guarantee admission to any specific academic major or program.
All MATC students who are interested in transferring to UW-Madison, either with or without the contract, should meet with an MATC transfer advisor every semester.
For more information about the UW-Madison guaranteed transfer contract, contact the advising office to make an appointment with a liberal arts transfer advisor.