Become an off-campus Federal Work Study partner.
It's good for our students, and great for your organization!
Federal Work Study Partner Requirements
Federal Work Study Partners must be:
- Federal, state, or public agencies
- Private nonprofits and the work study position must help the nation and/or community
- Private and for-profit companies and the work must directly relate to a student's studies
Organizations who have hired Madison College Federal Work Study students include:
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Dane County
- Goodwill of South-Central Wisconsin
- Madison Metropolitan School District (MMSD)
- Madison Museum of Contemporary Art
- Madison School and Community Recreation (MSCR)
- Overture Center
- State of Wisconsin DOA - Facilities Management
- Urban League of Greater Madison
- Wisconsin Historical Society
What is Federal Work Study?
Federal Work Study is a form of financial aid awarded by the federal government and is based on a student's financial need. Work study helps students work part-time to earn money and gain valuable work experience.
Work Study Partner Benefits
- 50-75% of student wages are covered by federal funds
- Payroll is overseen and distributed by Madison College
- Our Career & Employment Office can help with posting and advertising the job
- Employ highly qualified and diverse students
- Support your organization and our community