The state of Wisconsin does accept some college-level courses in early childhood or a related field as equivalencies to the above requirements, including some of the courses offered in the Madison College early childhood education associate degree program. If you have prior college-level coursework, you can contact Child Care Licensing at (608) 266-9314 to find out if you already meet entry-level requirements.

Contact the School of Human & Protective Services, Law and Education

Madison Truax Campus
Protective Services Building, 100

1701 Pearson Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704


  • Monday – Thursday 8 am - 5 pm
  • Friday: 8 am - 4:30 pm