The Early Childhood Education: Infant and Toddler certificate is designed to prepare you with the specialized skills needed to work as a teacher with children ages 0 to 3 years in early childhood settings. Completion of the four courses in this certificate, along with preparation of a portfolio, permits students to apply for and attain the Wisconsin Infant Toddler Credential from The Registry. Six credits in this certificate are part of the Early Childhood Education Associate Degree program.
This certificate is offered in English and in a Bilingual-Spanish/English format. Students in the Infant and Toddler program can attend part time.
Early Childhood Education courses may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - South
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2021-2022 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Courses
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Fall Application Dates
- Application available: February 1
- Application deadline: October 15
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application deadline: March 15
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- This certificate fills on a first-come, first-served basis; once capacity has been reached, it does not maintain a waitlist
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.