Estimated Program Cost
The Early Childhood Education: Administrator Credential will help you develop the skills and competencies needed by administrators and directors to be successful. The Administrator Credential is a six course, 18-credit sequence offered Fall semester of even years. Administrators and directors who wish to increase or refine existing skills, add new competencies, or earn a professional credential will benefit from this program. This credential is critical to those working in programs who wish to learn more about administration or anyone who wants to maximize their business knowledge. The courses are also designed to prepare you for the commission process to earn your Registry Administrator Credential.
Individuals in an administrative role use this credential program to enhance their existing skills, gain new knowledge and network with other administrators in the field. The courses are also designed to prepare staff in non-administrative positions take on new leadership roles and increased responsibility. Increased business expertise and related skills are a benefit to all employers.
Students in the Early Childhood Education: Administrator Program may attend part time.
Early Childhood Education courses may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Goodman South
Travel to fieldwork sites is necessary and is your responsibility.
Some courses in this program involve preparation of learning materials, field trips, etc. that may involve additional expenses.
Earning your Administrator Credential at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as:
- Child Care Center Director
- Child Care Center Administrator
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond SemesterThird Semester
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2024
Fall Application Dates
- Application available on February 1, 2024
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2024
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Madison College Early Childhood Education Administrator Credential graduates are prepared to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of directors, coordinators, supervisors and other administrators in early childhood programs
- Apply practical applications related to Administrative tasks.
- Assess external factors which affect the operation of early care and education programs
- Establish and maintain quality programs based on professional standards and the best available information on child growth and development and family friendly environment/services.