The Financial Assistant embedded technical diploma at Madison College is comprised of a selection of courses from the Finance Associate Degree program. These core classes can be completed in one year, giving you the valuable skills you need to enter or move up in the workforce.
In these classes, you will explore:
- Accounting principles, including an introduction to accounting software.
- Federal and state income tax laws, with an emphasis on personal taxes.
- Microsoft Excel; create professional workbooks, charts, macros, and work with financial tools.
- Financial Institutions and their impact on the economy.
You’ll leave Madison College fully prepared for your job or internship search. We’ll teach you effective techniques to present yourself to employers for job prospects or promotions. You will learn how to create or improve your resume and cover letter and polish your interviewing and networking skills.
If you apply for the Finance associate degree, you will automatically earn this diploma after completing your first year of classes.
Students in the Financial Assistant program can attend full or part-time.
Finance classes may be offered at the following Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Earning your Financial Assistant technical diploma at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as a:
- Financial Assistant
- Tax Assistant
- Credit Analyst
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
Summer 2022 Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2022
Fall 2022 Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2022
Spring 2023 Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2023
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED/GED02, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school or charter school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript) or GED02 transcript
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
3. Residency Requirement
Based on historical trends at Madison College a waitlist is not expected to form for these programs. Therefore all applicants, regardless of residency status, are eligible for application review.
Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only