The Financial Assistant embedded technical diploma at Madison College is comprised of a selection of courses from the Finance Associate Degree program. These core classes can be completed in one year, giving you the valuable skills you need to enter or move up in the workforce.
In these classes, you will explore:
- Accounting principles, including an introduction to accounting software.
- Federal and state income tax laws, with an emphasis on personal taxes.
- Microsoft Excel; create professional workbooks, charts, macros, and work with financial tools.
- Financial Institutions and their impact on the economy.
You’ll leave Madison College fully prepared for your job or internship search. We’ll teach you effective techniques to present yourself to employers for job prospects or promotions. You will learn how to create or improve your resume and cover letter and polish your interviewing and networking skills.
If you apply for the Finance associate degree, you will automatically earn this diploma after completing your first year of classes.
Students in the Financial Assistant program can attend full or part-time.
Finance classes may be offered at the following Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Earning your Financial Assistant technical diploma at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as a:
- Financial Assistant
- Tax Assistant
- Credit Analyst
- Accounts payable/receivable clerk
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended and indicate one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher, or
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale
- The credits must be completed at a single college and cannot be combined with other transcripts
- Any transfer credit listed on a transcript does not count toward the 30-credit minimum
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
With a great foundation, the world of finance is your oyster. Get a job right away – or go on for your degree.
100% of our recent graduates report they are satisfied with their Madison College education.
Our recent graduates of this program reported an average starting salary of $51,600.
100% of our recent graduates got a job in the industry.
Program Number: 311144
Area of Study:
100% In Person
Some Online/Some In Person
Estimated Time to Complete:
31 Credits | Finish diploma in 1 year
Ready to get started?
Your first step is to apply to Madison College. It's easy and free to apply, so get started today!