High School Students
As a neighborhood babysitter since the age of 12, I have been taking care of small children for years. Caring for them inspired me to become a neonatal nurse. That’s my dream.
I’ve been taking classes at Madison College since my junior year at Madison Memorial High School. Starting my college journey here has been a great decision. My instructors and classmates feel like family. I like the small class sizes and the structure. My instructors know me and want me to succeed.
Madison College offers high school students like Italia the chance to earn college credit while still in school. You can get a head start on college, explore career options and find courses not available at your high school. Opportunities for high school students are available at Madison College's regional campuses, too.
Find out more about enrolling as an underage student at Madison College.
5 Reasons TO Take madison College classes Now
- Earn a high school diploma and college credits at the same time.
- Gain an early start on college prerequisites while taking classes in your own high school.
- Earn tuition-free credit and advanced standing for college program-equivalent courses at your high school.
- Start earning college credits in a location close to home. Credits are transferable to all Madison College four-year partners, including the University of Wisconsin-Madison and UW campuses in Whitewater, Oshkosh, Milwaukee, La Crosse and Platteville, as well as Milwaukee School of Engineering, Marquette University, Edgewood College and others.
- Apply credits to related programs in a Wisconsin technical college within 27 months of high school graduation to be eligible for college credit.
Plus, Madison College's youth apprenticeship program offers opportunities to get paid while you learn valuable on-the-job training.
Additionally, our Gateway to College program is designed for students who have dropped out of high school or who are at risk of dropping out. It allows them to earn a high school diploma while earning dual credit toward a college education.
Why Madison College IS the SMART CHOICE
- Find the support you need to become a successful student -- from high school through college graduation -- with our many resources.
- Start your education here with the option to transfer to a four-year college to earn a bachelor’s degree.
- Small class sizes allow for personalized attention from instructors.
- Discover more than 150 associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship and certificate programs.
- Achieve success: Nearly 90 percent of our graduates find a job within six months.