You should complete prerequisite requirements first as they can improve success in and may be required to register for the course requirements.
If fulfilling any of the prerequisite requirements with courses completed in high school, college, or at Madison College, a grade of C or better is required. A grade of C- will not be accepted.
You must demonstrate algebra competency in one of the following ways:
1. Minimum Test Scores. Test must be taken from September 1, 2014 to present.
- ACT Math 24+
- NexGen Advanced Algebra and Functions 250+
- ACCUPLACER (College Math) 51+
- COMPASS (Algebra) 66+
- COMPASS (College Algebra) 1+
2. Courses. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- Intermediate Algebra (20804201) or higher
- Intermediate Algebra 1 (20804202) and Intermediate Algebra (20804203)
3. Educational Experience.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related biological science
You must demonstrate chemistry competency in one of the following ways:
1. One year of high school chemistry with lab components; high school chemistry classes must be college-preparatory.
2. One semester of college-level chemistry with lab components. Madison College courses that satisfy this requirement are:
- General Chemistry (10806134) or higher
- Liberal Arts Chemistry (20806200)
Note: Chemistry for the Community or similar classes do not satisfy this requirement.