Only courses with an earned grade of C or better (i.e. not C- or CD) will be considered for transfer credit. Evaluation of transfer credit is based on official transcripts from the institution where the course was completed and final grade was issued.
Transcript Review Process
- Once your official transcript is received, please allow one to two weeks for an initial review of general education credits.
- You will receive an email via your student email account with details on how to view awarded credits.
- To request additional review of general education and/or program related courses, please complete and submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form (PDF, 892 KB) and include course syllabi. Please allow a minimum of one to two weeks for this additional review to be completed.
- If you have international transcripts that need to be translated and/or evaluated, please see our International Student Admission page for list of translation and evaluation services. Once your transcript evaluation/translation is complete, you may submit the Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form (PDF, 892 KB) for us to review for eligible transfer credit.
Reverse Transfer Agreement - Madison College and University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison College and the University of Wisconsin-Madison signed an agreement to reverse transfer credit from the University back to Madison College to apply toward an Associate’s Degree. Starting in May 2013 students may opt in to the reverse transfer agreement when sending an official transcript from Madison College to UW-Madison. Students who opt in must also meet the following requirements:
- Complete 30 college credits at Madison College
- Complete at least 15 credits in residence at UW-Madison
- Be admitted into a Madison College degree program
Once a semester Madison College will notify UW-Madison students of their potential eligibility to receive an Associate’s Degree based on coursework completed at both colleges. All degree and credit requirements must be satisfied to earn an Associate’s Degree.
For additional assistance or questions, email email@example.com.
Students are responsible for any transcript, graduation or related fees.