Madison College Industrial Mechanic - HVAC program graduates are prepared to do the following:
Lifelong learning: Develop philosophy rutted in continuing education focused on enhancing professional growth.
Technical Skills: Install, trouble shoot, diagnose and repair HVAC/Refrigeration mechanical equipment as well as electronic, pneumatic and automated control systems. Exposure to Facility management strategies and processes that are used to streamline efficiency and cut energy consumption costs.
Employability: Demonstrate good work ethics and reliable behavior highly valued by our industry including:
- Assuming responsibility for decisions and actions
- Utilizing time and stress management
- Display hard work and initiative
- Creativity and logical thinking
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Conscious effort to apply all safety measures as well as follow regulatory codes and established operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communications to customers, coworkers, and supervisors using positive interpersonal skills such as respect, integrity and professionalism.