Visit us on Facebook to learn more about our Industrial Mechanic - HVAC program
Industrial Mechanic - HVAC
Area of Study: Construction, Manufacturing and Maintenance
Program number: 314623
As a student in the Industrial Mechanic HVAC program at Madison College, you will:
- Learn skills necessary to install, troubleshoot and repair a variety of residential, commercial and industrial HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Develop residential and commercial processing applications.
- Earn refrigerant 410A safety and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) certifications.
- Understand HVAC retrofit requirements, the use of alternative refrigerants and associated oils.
- Build automation systems using computer and electronic controls.
- Combine management strategies and programmable control applications to cut energy costs and increase efficiency.
- Train on specialized diagnostic equipment and tools used in the HVAC refrigeration industry.
Students in the Industrial Mechanic - HVAC program can attend full or part time.
Industrial Mechanic - HVAC classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Explore financial aid eligibility for Industrial Mechanic - HVAC.
All courses for this program are offered only in person.Industrial Maintenancehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvvz4mJK6o0
- View the admission requirements for application deadlines, materials and requirements.
- Attend an Academic Information Session to get started in the admission process.
- Visit MATC to learn more about the Madison College experience, including campus tours and program open houses.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at MATC.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or (608) 246-6210.
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2019-2020 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current program students (including newly admitted), go directly to your Degree Progress Report (also referred to as an Advising Report or Academic Requirements) to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your report, please see Advising Services.10-462-3203 credits10-462-3303 credits10-601-330 for 2 credits plus 10-601-336 for 1 credit may be taken in place of 10-462-3303 credits10-462-3343 credits10-623-1001 credits10-623-2002 credits10-623-3001 credits32-420-3302 credits31-804-3812 credits31-804-3821 credits10-462-3042 credits10-462-3224 credits10-601-3323 credits10-462-3363 credits10-623-3101 credits10-145-1892 credits
Madison College Industrial Mechanic - HVAC program graduates are prepared to do the following:
Lifelong learning: Develop philosophy rutted in continuing education focused on enhancing professional growth.
Technical Skills: Install, trouble shoot, diagnose and repair HVAC/Refrigeration mechanical equipment as well as electronic, pneumatic and automated control systems. Exposure to Facility management strategies and processes that are used to streamline efficiency and cut energy consumption costs.
Employability: Demonstrate good work ethics and reliable behavior highly valued by our industry including:
- Assuming responsibility for decisions and actions
- Utilizing time and stress management
- Display hard work and initiative
- Creativity and logical thinking
- Flexibility and teamwork
- Conscious effort to apply all safety measures as well as follow regulatory codes and established operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communications to customers, coworkers, and supervisors using positive interpersonal skills such as respect, integrity and professionalism.
Earning your one-year technical diploma in the Industrial Mechanic - HVAC program at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work in:
- Facility Maintenance
- Residential, Commercial or Industrial HVAC/Refrigeration service Technician
- Building Automated controls Service Technician
- Building Automated controls Programmer
- HVAC/Refrigeration Installer to include: sheet metal worker, pipe fitter and controls specialist
With additional education and or work experience graduates may find employment as:
- Journeyman Pipe Fitter
- Journeyman Sheet Metal Worker
- Facilites Maintenance Manager
- HVAC/Refrigeration or Controls Service Manager
- Controls Installation Foreman
- HVAC/Refrigeration Construction Site Foreman
- Construction Project Manager
- Owner HVAC/Refrigeration Service Company
Estimated Program Cost
# of Credits for Completion33Tuition$4504.50Materials/Supplemental Costs$1290.92Other Costs$0.00Total Estimated Program Costs:
(book costs not included)$5795.42
Graduate Report Summary Overview
2016 2017 2018 Number of Program Graduates 12 25 12 Number of Surveys Sent 12 22 11 Number of Surveys Returned 12 15 8 Percent of Surveys Returned 100.00% 68.20% 72.70% Available for Employment 12 14 5 Percent Available for Employment 100.00% 93.30% 100.00% Not in Labor Market 0 1 3 Percent Not in Labor Market 0.00% 6.70% 60.00% Available for Employment
2016 2017 2018 Graduates Employed 11 13 5 Percent of Graduates Employed 91.70% 92.90% 100.00% Employed in Related Occupation 8 13 5 Percent Employed in Related Occupation 72.70% 100.00% 100.00% Employed in Unrelated Occupation 3 0 0 Percent Employed in Unrelated Occupation 27.30% 0.00% 0.00% Employed - No Response 0 0 0 Percent Employed - No Response 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% Seeking Employment 1 1 0 Percent Seeking Employment 8.30% 7.10% 0.00% Reaction To Training at Madison College
2016 2017 2018 Student satisfaction Mean (Out of 4) 3 3.4 3.6 Number of Satisfaction Responses 12 15 5 Very Satisfied 2 7 4 Percent Very Satisfied 16.70% 46.70% 80.00% Satisfied 9 7 0 Percent Satisfied 75.00% 46.70% 0.00% Unsatisfied 0 1 1 Percent Unsatisfied 0.00% 6.70% 20.00% Very Unsatisfied 1 0 0 Percent Very Unsatisfied 8.30% 0.00% 0.00% Primary Reason for Attending Madison College
2016 2017 2018 Number of Primary Reason Responses 12 15 8 Preparation for Getting a Job 6 6 2 Percent Preparation for Getting a Job 50.00% 40.00% 25.00% Career Change 3 7 1 Percent Career Change 25.00% 46.70% 12.50% Improvement of Existing Skills 1 2 1 Percent Improvement of Existing Skills 8.30% 13.30% 12.50% Preparation for Further Education 0 0 4 Percent Preparation for Further Education 0.00% 0.00% 50.00% Personal Interest 2 0 0 Percent Personal Interest 16.70% 0.00% 0.00% Other 0 0 0 Percent Other 0.00% 0.00% 0.00% When Employment was Obtained
2016 2017 2018 Number of When Employment Obtained Responses 10 12 4 Before Enrollment 1 2 0 Percent Before Enrollment 10.00% 16.70% 0.00% While Attending the College 2 5 3 Percent While Attending the College 20.00% 41.70% 75.00% After Training at the College 7 5 1 Percent After Training at the College 70.00% 41.70% 25.00% Location of Employment (related and unrelated)
2016 2017 2018 Number of Employment Location Responses 11 13 5 In College District 7 9 4 Percent In College District 63.60% 69.20% 80.00% In Wisconsin, Not in District 2 1 1 Percent of In Wisconsin 18.20% 7.70% 20.00% Outside of Wisconsin 1 3 0 Percent Outside Wisconsin 9.10% 23.10% 0.00% Employer Location Unknown 1 0 0 Percent Location Unknown 9.10% 0.00% 0.00% Salary Trend Salary Trend 2016 2017 2018 Full Time Employment (Related Job) Full Time Salary Count 7 13 4 Average Monthly Wage $2,959 $3,357 $3,311 Average Hourly Wage $17.20 $19.51 $19.25 Average Work Hours per Week 41.6 41 47 Part Time Employment (Related Job) Part Time Salary Count Average Hourly Wage Average Work Hours per Week
Total Positions Open for academic year: 2018 Wisconsin TechConnectTM Jobs* Madison Non-Madison Number of Full Time Positions Open 61 7 Number of Part Time Positions Open 2 2 Total Jobs 63 9 Graduate Employers for academic year: 2018 Employer(s) Job Title City** State*** Positions Agropur Maintenance Luxemburg EMS Industrial Inc Machinist/Motor Technician Master Building Solutions HVAC Control Technician North American Mechanical Inc HVAC Service Technician Windsor Warren Heating & Cooling Service Technician/Installer
* - Wisconsin TechConnectTM jobs are posted through a statewide consortium operated and funded by all 16 of the technical colleges in Wisconsin.
** - Only cities outside of Madison will display.
*** - Only states outside of Wisconsin will display.
**** - If you have a position to post, please contact Career and Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org