Automation is a growing part of manufacturing processes and is becoming a key facet of many industries. If you already have a bachelor's degree and are seeking to upgrade your knowledge and job skills in the area of industrial automation, the Industrial Automation - Post Baccalaureate Certificate program could be for you.
As a student in the Industrial Automation - Post Baccalaureate Certificate, you will:
- Expand your skills and knowledge in automation and process control industries.
- Receive hands-on training in programmable logic controllers (PLC).
Students in the Industrial Automation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate can attend full or part time.
Industrial Automation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Earning your Certificate in Industrial Automation Post-Baccalaureate at Madison Area Technical College prepares you for valuable work as:
- Automation Engineer
- Maintenance Supervisor
- Systems Integrator
- Industrial Controls Technician
- Automation Support Engineer
- Controls Engineer
- SCADA Engineer
- Energy Infrastructure Engineering
- Biofuels Processing
- Plant Engineering
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond SemesterThird SemesterFourth Semester
Earning an certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
Submit official transcripts showing completion of a bachelor’s degree in engineering.
The education requirement above can be waived by the program director if a student has a comparable degree or work experience.
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
MATC Industrial Automation Post-Baccalaureate Certificate graduates are prepared to:
Life Long Learning
- Assume responsibility for continuing education in order to maintain skills and enhance professional growth.
- Assemble, install, troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical equipment, electrical, electronic controlled production machines and hydraulic pneumatic systems.
- Diagnose complex problems using interdisciplinary technical skills.
- Demonstrate work ethics and reliable behavior, including but not limited to assuming responsibility for decisions and actions, utilizing time and stress management skills, displaying initiative, creativity and logical thinking.