In the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program, you learn to repair and maintain agricultural equipment providing hands-on training on the latest technology. Due to the complexity of the industry, you will learn advanced technical skills to work on planting and harvesting equipment today. In addition, you will learn to maintain and repair diesel engine systems, drive trains, hydraulics, electrical systems, GPS, air conditioning, materials handling equipment, and harvesting equipment. You will gain practical, hands-on training and applied skills such as repair, diagnostics and troubleshooting, which are critical for this industry utilizing our state-of-the-art, simulated shop environment from award winning faculty. Hands-on training is driven by local industry to ensure students gain the skills needed to be successful in industry. This program is geared for the hands-on learner who is seeking a minimal amount of time in college and is seeking an entry level position in the agriculture mechanics field. As a student in the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program at Madison College, you will:
- Train on agricultural equipment in the classroom and in the lab.
- Develop critical diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Develop agricultural equipment service skills for entry-level employment at agricultural equipment employers.
In the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program, you have the opportunity to:
- Learn from experts in agricultural equipment.
- Get hands-on training with advanced agricultural technology.
- Gain technical knowledge in hydraulics, power trains, electronics, fuel systems, heating, air conditioning and engine service.
- Graduate from the Agricultural Equipment Technician program with a Technical Diploma.
Students in the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program can attend full time.
Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
Earning your associate degree in the Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program at Madison College prepares you for valuable work as:
- Ag Dealership Parts Person
- Ag Dealership Service Technician
- Ag Dealership Service Writer
- Field Service Technician
- Harvesting Operator/Technician
With additional education and/or work experience, graduates may find employment as:
- Lead Technician
- Shop Foreman
- Service Writer Coordinator
- Customer Support Representative
- Ag Equipment Salesperson
- Consumer Products Salesperson
- Service Manager
- Ag Company Service Representative
- Ag Company Sales Representative
- Dealer Sales Manager
- Dealership Manager
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First Semester10-070-1002 credits10-070-1153 credits10-070-1053 credits10-070-1352 credits10-070-1913 credits10-070-2053 credits10-412-1102 creditsSecond Semester10-070-1253 credits10-070-1453 credits10-070-1932 credits10-070-2153 credits10-070-2253 credits10-801-1953 credits
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is August 31, 2023
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Students must submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0, or
- Completion of an associate degree or higher
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or 608.246.6210.
Apply to Madison College and take the first step towards your Agriculture Equipment Service Technician career.
Madison College Agriculture Equipment Service Technician program graduates are prepared to:
- Follow and practice safety procedures in the workplace
- Utilize available tools to support the ability to understand, diagnose and repair problems accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrate desirable professional abilities, including self-motivation, self-awareness, teamwork, flexibility, stress management, and respect for coworkers, supervisors, and clients
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and verbal communications to customers, coworkers, and supervisors
- Set up and maintain components, systems and equipment to their original level of performance
- Recognize basic business operations and policies to provide effective service and contribute to profitability
- Diagnose and repair various types of components, equipment, and machines such as electrical systems, digital data systems, hydraulic systems, internal combustion engines, power trains/transmissions, and air conditioning systems
Madison Truax Campus
Main Building, A2105
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
Se habla Español.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm phone or email only