The Real Estate Sales certificate at Madison College is for those who want more than a license – or two. This certificate includes pre-licensing education for the Real Estate Salesperson and Broker licenses. You will also learn to manage real estate and hone your selling and social media skills.
A part of your learning includes a paid or unpaid internship. At your internship, you will develop real-world job skills and industry contacts. Many real estate related jobs qualify. To fit your schedule, the internship course is offered every semester. You will create a portfolio, which includes a cover letter, resume, and a record of your 140 hours of work experience. An internship is a great way to start your career. Many interns are hired at the end of their internship. If you are an employer interested in an internship, please contact the program director Anne Blood: email@example.com.
Students in the Real Estate Sales certificate program can attend part-time.=
Graduates of Madison College’s Real Estate Sales certificate program are ready for a range of professional positions in the field of Real Estate Sales, including:
- Assessor/Home Inspector
- Loan Officer
- Property Manager
- Real Estate Broker
- Real Estate Salesperson
- Rental Agent
Real Estate Licensing
There are two levels of real estate licensing in Wisconsin, the Real Estate Salesperson License and the Real Estate Broker License. Both licenses involve certification of pre-licensing education and passing the licensing test administered by the Department of Safety and Professional Services.
All Real Estate Sales and Brokers Examination requirements must be met to obtain your Real Estate Broker License. Madison College's Real Estate Broker Management class fulfills the broker education requirement.
Real Estate Continuing Education
Once you are a real estate licensee, you must complete 18 hours of continuing education every two years. Earn 18 CEUs in a single, self-paced, online course offering and sign up for our Wisconsin Real Estate continuing education course.
Continuing education credits are now approved for continuing legal education for attorneys! 18 total CLE's have been approved.
Register for WI Real Estate Biennium CE using your MyMadisonCollege account or call (608) 258-2301, Option 2 for assistance.
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Real Estate Sales certificate program at Madison Area Technical College, you will be able to:
- Qualify for the Wisconsin Real Estate Salesperson license and Real Estate Broker Management license.
- Adapt sales and marketing strategies to the real estate market.
- Apply Wisconsin laws to real estate documents and transactions.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only