Madison College's Business Startup Basics Certificate program focuses on creating marketing and financial plans for small business ventures, small business operations and customer service.
There are no prerequisite courses. Students are required to have basic computer skills.
Students in Madison College’s Business Startup Basics Certificate program can attend full or part-time.
Business Startup Basics classes are offered at the Madison College Truax campus.
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Courses10-106-1003 credits10-145-1023 credits10-145-1053 credits10-104-1023 credits10-145-1082 credits
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
There are no admission requirements for this certificate, simply submit your application by the deadline for each term.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
Contact the Enrollment Center at EnrollmentServices@madisoncollege.edu or 608.246.6210.
Apply to Madison College and take the first step towards your Business Startup Basics career.
Madison Truax Campus
Main Building, D3631
1701 Wright Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53704
608.246.6003 (Ext. 8)