Optometric Technician Admission Requirements
Applicants must complete the admissions process and meet the requirements below to be considered for admission.
Select the appropriate tab below to see application dates and materials by term.
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
2. Education Completion
Graduation from high school, completion of GED/HSED/GED02, or completion of an associate degree or higher is required; submit official transcripts for one of the following:
- High school or charter school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript) or GED02 transcript
- GED/HSED score report
- College transcript showing an associate degree or higher
3. Residency Requirement
Per Wisconsin Statute TCS-10, because this program utilizes the petition process and the application deadline is after January 1 for fall and/or after May 1 for spring:
- All applicants, regardless of residency status, are eligible for admission application review
- During the petition process priority for entry into core classes will be given to district residents, then non-district state residents, followed by out-of-state residents.
- Minnesota residents are considered non-district state residents for admission purposes.
Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.