The Risk Management & Insurance technical diploma at Madison College will teach you the basics of the insurance industry and its products, including:
- Differentiating between property, casualty, life and health insurance products
- Evaluating the different career opportunities available
- Handling a claim from report to settlement
- Identifying business hazards and the methods for managing them
- Minimizing the potential of a loss for a business
- Protecting a business from employee fraud
- Understanding the types of insurance a business needs
MATC's Risk Management & Insurance program is a great addition to your professional skill set if you have already earned an associate or bachelor’s degree in Business, IT, Criminal Justice, Construction or Auto Body.
Madison College also offers continuing education in the field of insurance. Some of these courses are approved in Wisconsin for continuing education credits. Other professional-development insurance-related courses are offered through the School of Professional and Continuing Education.
Students in the Risk Management & Insurance technical diploma program can attend full or part time.
Risk Management & Insurance classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
Explore financial aid eligibility for this program.