The Business Generalist short-term technical diploma will prepare you with valuable knowledge including foundational business, accounting, marketing, business math, writing, and Excel skills. In addition to these skills, the Business Generalist diploma provides you with a pathway to multiple business programs at Madison College and 4-year transfer partners.
Students in the Business Generalist program can attend full or part-time. Start classes in September, October, January, March, or June.
Business Generalist classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Truax
- Madison - South
- Fort Atkinson
Your Advantages at Madison College
Faculty members with years of business experience lead courses.
- Courses focus on active learning through simulations, cases, and sharing of business experiences rather than passive textbook learning.
- Courses are offered online, face-to-face or 8-week accelerated delivery.
- Full-time or part-time options are available.
- Career pathways available to double major in Human Resources and transfer to four-year institutions.
Graduates with a Business Generalist Diploma from Madison College are ready for a range of professional positions, such as:
- Office Clerk
- Account Representative
- Marketing Assistant
- Administrative Assistant
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.First SemesterSecond Semester
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Note: It is recommended to only apply for a semester that has already started if you are currently enrolled in classes or you have verified that classes are still available for that semester.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is April 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is July 15, 2024
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is November 15, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended and indicate one of the following:
- High school (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher, or
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale
- The credits must be completed at a single college and cannot be combined with other transcripts
- Any transfer credit listed on a transcript does not count toward the 30-credit minimum
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
After completing the Business Generalist program at Madison College, you will be able to:
- Function effectively in a business organizational environment
- Use critical thinking skills to analyze and solve business problems
- Apply your knowledge of accounting, business, math of finance and technology skills to ensure efficiency in the workplace
There’s more to business than being the boss. It’s team-building and communication and so much more. Get the skills.
92% job placement within six months of graduation.
Flexible Learning Options
Online & In-Person
Live out of state? Attend online classes with no out-of-state tuition.
95% of our recent graduates work in Wisconsin.
Program Number: 301025
Area of Study:
100% In Person
Some Online/Some In Person
Estimated Time to Complete:
19 Credits | Finish diploma in 1 year
Ready to get started?
Your first step is to apply to Madison College. It's easy and free to apply, so get started today!