In the Carpentry Techniques Embedded Technical Diploma, you learn basic skills necessary for entry-level jobs in construction. The Carpentry Techniques Embedded Technical Diploma builds upon the basic skills learned in the Construction Essentials Embedded Technical Diploma.
As a Carpentry Techniques student, you will gain the advanced skills required to enter the construction workforce, including developing an understanding of construction processes, such as:
- Roof framing
- Installation methods for roof shingles, windows and door, soffits and fascia, exterior trim and siding.
Students in the Carpentry Techniques Embedded Technical Diploma can attend full or part-time.
Carpentry Techniques Embedded Technical Diploma classes may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison - Commercial Avenue
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2023-2024 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Courses
Earning a degree is a great way to advance your career development opportunities, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is August 31, 2024
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
1. Admission Application
The online application allows you to save your work as you complete it and ensures fast, secure delivery to our office.
2. Education Completion
Official transcripts must be sent from the institutions you attended and indicate one of the following:
- High school transcript (current high school seniors may submit an in-progress transcript)
- GED/HSED transcript
- College transcript(s) showing:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher, or
- At least 30 credits completed with a minimum GPA of 2.0 on a 4-point scale
- The credits must be completed at a single college and cannot be combined with other transcripts
- Any transfer credit listed on a transcript does not count toward the 30-credit minimum
All high school and/or college transcripts are recommended to be submitted for Credit for Prior Learning evaluation.
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Course prerequisites differ from admission requirements; admission into a program does not guarantee eligibility to enroll in courses or success in the program. Refer to program curriculum for details.
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
You’ve learned the basics of construction. Take your skills to the next level with this advanced program.
Program Number: 304102
Area of Study:
Construction, Manufacturing and Maintenance
100% In Person
Estimated Time to Complete:
15 Credits | Finish diploma in 1 semester
Ready to get started?
Your first step is to apply to Madison College. It's easy and free to apply, so get started today!