Ready to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about the Healthcare Management program, we’d love to talk with you. We’re here to answer any questions and guide you through our application process step-by-step. Send us your contact information, and we’ll help you get started right away!
The Healthcare Management certificate at Madison College is designed to prepare you for a variety of healthcare supervisory positions. In these classes, you will develop your business management skills while focusing on the unique needs required in the healthcare industry.
Upon completion of the Healthcare Management certificate, you qualify to take a national examination to obtain the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) credential through the National Health Career Association (NHA).
To apply for the Healthcare Management certificate, you must be enrolled in or a graduate of the Medical Administrative Specialist program, Business Management program or equivalent.
Please note: Healthcare employers require all applicants to complete and pass a background check as a condition of employment.
Students in the Healthcare Management certificate can attend full or part-time.
Healthcare Management certificate may be offered at these Madison College campuses:
- Madison – Truax
- Fort Atkinson
After completing the Healthcare Management certificate you will be prepared for a variety of management positions in the following areas:
- Clinic & Hospital Departments
- Health Insurance Organizations
- Long-Term Care Facilities
- Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Facilities
Curriculum and Experience
Prospective program students, the information below reflects the basic requirements for students admitted for the 2022-2023 academic year. To learn more about Madison College, visit us.
Current and newly admitted program students, go directly to your Degree Progress Report to view:
- Progress toward your specific requirements
- Alternative (in lieu of) courses to meet specific requirements
If you have questions after reviewing your degree progress report (advisement report), please see Advising Services.Required CoursesIn addition to being required for this certificate, the following 2 courses may also be used to fulfill Medical Admin Emphasis Track requirements for the Business Management Program:
Earning a certificate is a great way to expand your skill set, and it adds professionalism to a resume. Applications are always open, so apply today!
International students who wish to apply for, maintain, or transfer their F-1 student visa status to Madison College are required to complete the International Admission Process.
Spring Application Dates
- Application open
- Application completion deadline is March 15, 2023
Fall Application Dates
- Application opens on February 1, 2023
- Application completion deadline is October 15, 2023
All materials must be submitted by the application deadline.
Submit official transcripts showing completion of or current enrollment in:
- Medical Administrative Specialist
- Business Management
The education requirement above can be waived by the program director if a student has comparable work experience.
- Certificate programs are not eligible for financial aid
- Class capacity is limited and is available on a first come, first served basis
- Students who have already completed the certificate coursework at the time of application will receive the certificate diploma at the end of the term of application
Once you are admitted into your program, review the Start of Semester Checklist to prepare for your first day of classes at Madison College.
The Healthcare Management certificate will prepare you for entry into healthcare supervisory positions. Coursework includes the development of business management skills with a targeted focus on specific management skills required in the healthcare environment.
Summer Service Hours
- Monday – Wednesday: 9 am - 3 pm In-Person, 8 am - 4 pm Virtual
- Thursday: 8 am - 4 pm Virtual Only
- Friday: 8 am - 12 pm Virtual Only